25 Best Quotes About Beliefs and Points-of-View
I know a lot of people like to define – either inwardly or outwardly – ‘holistic health’ as some perfect way of living, where the food is pure, the yoga is hot, and the meditation permeates every nook and cranny.
As pleasant as that may (or may not sound), it’s just not true; to be holistic means to recognize you have a mind, body, and spirit, and each one of those ‘pieces’ is just as important as the other. In fact, the whole is the greatest part, but we must feed each aspect in order to thrive.
Perfection is not the goal, but accepting is. The more you accept about yourself, the better you will feel. That most certainly includes accepting your dark places, your perceived weaknesses, and allowing them to be while loving yourself all the more.
Sometimes, we need a little help from the greats to pull us back to some truth in this life, so I gathered 25 of my favorite quotes about beliefs: beliefs about ourselves, beliefs about others. Hopefully, they give you a chance to come back to your own truth:
1) “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.” ~ Marianne Williamson
2) “Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
3) ?Be Impeccable With Your Word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.? ~ Don Miguel Ruiz
4) ?There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.? ~ Deepak Chopra
5) “Conventional opinion is the ruin of our souls.” ~ Rumi
6) “I firmly believe that intuitive or symbolic sight is not a gift but a skill – a skill based in self-esteem.” ~ Caroline Myss
7) “Whatever we refuse to recognize about ourselves has a way of rearing its head and making itself known when we least expect it.” ~ Debbie Ford
8 ) “There wouldn’t be such a thing as counterfeit gold if there were no real gold somewhere.” – Sufi Proverb
9) ?Don’t Take Anything Personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.? ~ Don Miguel Ruiz
10) “The best way to detoxify is to stop putting toxic things into the body and depend upon it’s own mechanisms.” ~ Andrew Weil
11) ?You can?t talk your way out of what you?ve behaved yourself into.? ~ Stephen R. Covey
12) “Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.” ~ B.K.S. Iyengar
13) “We?ve been opening ourselves to the grief, to the knowing of what?s taking place, the loss of species, the destruction of the natural world, the unimaginable levels of social injustice and economic injustice that deprive so many human beings of basic opportunities. And as we open to the pain of that, there?s a possibility of embracing that pain and that grief in a way that it becomes a strength, a power to respond. There is the possibility that the energy that has been bound in the repression of it can now flow through us and energize us, make us clearer, more alive, more passionate, committed, courageous, determined people.” ~ John Robbins
14) “Truth resides in every human heart, and one has to search for it there, and to be guided by truth as one sees it. But no one has a right to coerce others to act according to his own view of the truth.” ~ Gandhi
15) “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” ~ Carl Jung
16) “I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.” ~ Dalai Lama
17) “People in the West are always getting ready to live.” – Chinese Proverb
18) “You are not a helpless victim of your own thoughts, but rather a master of your own mind.” ~ Louise Hay
19) “Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.” ~ Dr. Wayne Dyer
20) “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
21) “Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it. The meaning of life is whatever you ascribe it to be. Being alive is the meaning.” ~ Joseph Campbell
22) “Many people feel that they don’t require anybody else’s help or support to be happy. Since their happiness is not dependent on others, they do not harbour any thoughts about other people’s happiness.”~ Amma
23) “If you have a headache every Monday morning when it is time for you to go to work, perhaps you’re driving the wrong car, perhaps you’re taking the wrong route, or you may be in the wrong line of work. Obviously, only you can figure out the message.” ~ Christiane Northrup
24) “I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?” ~ John Lennon
25) “What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Which quote resonates with you? What’s your favorite inspirational quote not on the list?